libmodbus is an old project but I never wrote a post about it, 2008 is the right year!
I recently released 2 new versions to include some bug fixes:
libmodbus 1.2.2 (2007-11-12)
- Fix #161989 (Konstantinos Togias) Serial device paths more than 10 chars long (eg. /dev/ttyUSB0) don't fit to modbus_param_t -> device char var.
- Structure is also bit better 'packed' to conserve memory (see the trunk for a real enhancement). libmodbus 1.2.1 (2007-11-02)
- Fix #159443 (Stefan Bisanz) Index of incoming data in force multiple coils function
- Deleted useless code in check_crc16()
- Untabify source code
- Changed author's email (Stéphane Raimbault)
The development continues (slowly) in trunk to include the slave component of the protocol.